Tennessee Valley summers are characterized by natural beauty—and unrelenting heat. Cool off in the lake at one of TVA’s manicured swim beaches.
You don’t need a boat or a lake house to enjoy a dip at one of these public swim beaches, created expressly for the enjoyment of the people of the Valley. There, you can unfold a blanket on the shore, set out a picnic and wade right in—from May to October, the water is fine. Here’s where you’ll find the beaches:
- Cherokee Dam Reservation: Located off TN 92 near Jefferson City, Tenn.
- Chickamauga Dam Reservation: Located off TN 153 S. near Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Douglas Headwater and Tailwater Dam Reservation: Located on Douglas Dam Rd. near Dandridge, Tenn.
- Melton Hill Dam Reservation: Located on TVA Melton Hill Dam Rd. off U.S. 321 near Lenoir City, Tenn.
- Nickajack Shellmound Day Use Area: Located off TVA Rd. near South Pittsburg, Tenn.
- Tellico Dam Reservation: Located off TN 321 in Lenoir City, Tenn.
- Watts Bar Dam Reservation: Located off County Rd. 451 and Watts Bar Ln. near Spring City, Tenn.
- Pine Lake Ramp: Located on Pine Lake Rd. near Lexington, Tenn.
- Loyston Point Recreation Area at Norris Lake: Lakeshore Dr. at N. Shore Dr. near Norris, Tenn.
- Point Mallard Park at Mallard Creek: Point Mallard Dr. SE near Decatur, Ala.
- Paris Landing State Park on Kentucky Reservoir: TN 76/U.S. 79 to TVA Access Rd. near Buchanan, Tenn.
- Parksville Beach on Parksville Lake: Off U.S. 64/Old Copper Road near Ocoee, Tenn.
- Barton Springs Beach on Normandy Lake: On Barton Springs Rd. near Tullahoma, Tenn.
- Bear Creek Dam: Follow New Beach Rd. from U.S. 641
- Boone Dam Reservation: Located off Minga Rd. in Kingsport, Tenn.—newly renovated