You have served the people of the United States, now come join us as we serve the people of the Tennessee Valley. At TVA, we understand what it is to serve. We understand that the diverse backgrounds and skills of our military veterans and their families can be a critical asset in our mission to deliver safe, clean, reliable and affordable energy. For that reason, we actively recruit veterans for positions at TVA and also serve as a resource for those seeking employment across the energy sector.
Search for Jobs
Our Career Gateway helps guide you to the right careers and opportunities at TVA. Plug in your skills, and we’ll offer you targeted opportunities and information to help you connect your experience with TVA jobs.
Wondering how your experience might translate into a career in the energy sector? At TVA, military personnel are working in positions such as:
- Combined Cycle Tech Operator
- Financial Consultant
- Fossil and Hydro Technician
- Nuclear Mechanical Technician
- Nuclear Operations Specialist
- Nuclear Security Officer
- Nuclear Unit Operator
- Procurement Agent
- Manager, Quality Assurance
- Senior Instrument Mechanic
- Supervisor, Nuclear Unit Station
- Supervisor, Fossil Shift Operations
Additionally, we are proud to have a program that will allow qualified veterans and their families to secure a preference in the selection process. Learn how to get the preference you have earned. Get information about how to claim veterans’ preference at TVA.
- TVA and Helmets to Hardhats are partners dedicated to providing career opportunities for members of the military, reservists and guardsmen.
- America’s Veterans to Tennessee Engineers. This scientific, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) program offers an opportunity for military service members to complete an engineering degree in Tennessee and have a job waiting for them at TVA. The program is designed to match the military service, discipline and skills of noncommissioned officers to the region’s future technical needs.
- Troops to Energy Jobs can further help you translate your military experience into success in the energy sector.
In Their Own Words…
“Twenty-four years in the Army Reserve and 10 years as a master sergeant taught me a lot about leadership, attention to detail and the value of a chain of command—all of which I rely on daily as an assistant unit operator in TVA’s Fossil Operations. Many of the HU tools we used in the Army are also important to TVA as well. They may not have the same name, but things like peer checking, stopping when unsure, and pre- and post-job briefs help us avoid injuries so we’re going home at the end of each day the same way we arrived.”
Retired, U.S. Army Reserve
“As a peace-time Navy veteran, my experience as an Instrumentman helped me transition well into my job here at TVA, performing calibrations and instrumentation for the Nuclear Power Group. I find that there’s a kind of brotherhood among the crafts in TVA similar to what we knew in the military that you just don’t see in other industrial environments. It’s a bonding that makes me feel safe on the job, knowing that a brother or sister has my back.”
Retired, U.S. Navy
Email us at email@example.com, or call (866) 620-8010 to leave a message. Phone calls are returned from 10 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. For technical application issues regarding our website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TVA is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunities. Any applicant or employee who believes s/he has a discrimination claim (including harassment or retaliation) must contact TVA’s Equal Opportunity Compliance office within 45 calendar days of the event or action s/he believes constitutes discrimination, harassment or retaliation.
Non-U.S. residents should read TVA's Citizenship Policy.