Benefits + Quality of Life
To help take care of you and your family’s well-being, we offer quality healthcare, insurance and retirement benefits—as well as an opportunity to make a home in region with a low cost of living and high quality of life.
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HCFSA)
- Healthcare Assistance Program
- TVA core benefits (life and long-term disability)
- Federal Employees’ Group Life Insurance (FEGLI)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Work schedule flex time
- Reduced hours (when needed)
- Dependent care flexible spending account
- Scholarships for your children
- Confidential employee assistance for personal, financial and legal problems
- Employee Assistance Program
- HealthCheck Wellness Incentive to understand health risks
- Healthcare Assistance Program with 24/7 access to health information and services
- Preventive care
- Generous 401(k) savings and deferral plan
- Reimbursement for parking and public transportation
- Discounts on name-brand computers, banking services and more
- Generous holiday and leave time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and education opportunities
- Access to TVA’s research library
Quality of Life
Arts + Music
From Nashville, the country music capital of the world, to Memphis, the home of the blues, to Knoxville, an important bluegrass destination, Tennessee truly is a world-class music destination. The Valley’s many museums feature both traditional and contemporary art exhibits.
Parks + Recreation
Do you enjoy the outdoors? Besides TVA reservoirs and public lands, the Tennessee Valley region offers a variety of natural parklands—including the Great Smoky Mountains National Park—and scenic landscapes.
Our region’s attractions cover earth, sea and sky, including the National Corvette Museum, Tennessee Aquarium, Dollywood and the U.S. Space and Rocket Center.
The Valley hosts three professional sports teams and plenty of SEC football, basketball, baseball and other college athletics.
Cost of Living
In the Valley, a little money goes a long way. Our cost of living consistently ranks below the national average while still providing world-class quality of life.
In the Valley, you have access to some of the nation’s highest ranking two- and four-year educational institutions. You have the opportunity to explore additional educational opportunities for you and your family.