Training & Development
Training & Development focuses on building talent and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to help TVA employees improve their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to safely achieve performance excellence while carrying out TVA's mission.
Training & Development encompasses these four groups:
(except Nuclear Power Group) manages training for:
- Maintenance Technician
- Instrument Mechanic
- Lineman and Groundman
- Combustion Turbine Technician and Combined Cycle Operations Technician
- Hydro Technician
Learn more about Operations and Maintenance Training Programs
Responsible for these activities and programs:
- Talent Management
- Supervisor Academy
- Leadership Institute
- Targeted Development
- Cultural Health Index
Engineering and Compliance Training
- Safety (OSHA, DOT)
- Emergency Response Training
- Engineering Continuing Education
- Progression Programs
- Online Learning System
- IT Technical Education for Experts
- Video-based Training
- Online Content Development
Seminars and Conferences
In addition to the internal resources that it makes available to employees, TVA supports such outside activities as seminars, workshops, and technical and nontechnical training related to an employee’s area of work. These may include:
- Profession-specific training.
- Professional development designed to improve performance.
- Continuing education that enables employees to maintain certification or licenses.