Tobacco Cessation Program
In a continuing effort to offer programs that improve the health and well-being of employees, retirees, and their families, TVA extended the tobacco cessation program to eligible retirees and their dependents effective January 1, 2007.
Retirees and their dependents are eligible to participate in the program if they are members of a TVA-sponsored medical plan.
Under the tobacco cessation program, TVA provides reimbursement for approved tobacco cessation aids, including:
- Approved smoking-cessation programs
- Doctor-prescribed medications such as Zyban, Chantix, and nicotine inhalers
- Nonprescription (over-the-counter) products such as nicotine patches and gum.
These products are also reimbursable when used for the cessation of smokeless tobacco.
To participate, retirees or their dependents must:
- Pay for the tobacco cessation aid.
- Complete the Tobacco Cessation Reimbursement Form (TVA Form 11572).
- Complete the Electronic Vendor Payment Form (TVA Form 17236) to indicate the account to which the reimbursement should be direct-deposited. This form needs to be completed only once.
- Send in the completed forms along with a receipt. Mailing instructions are shown on the Tobacco Cessation Reimbursement form.
Participants also receive periodic informational mailings from TVA about tobacco cessation.
For more information, contact TVA Employee Benefits by phone at 888-275-8094 or e-mail at TVAEmployeeBenefits@tva.gov.