Tennessee National Marina
Watts Bar Reservoir, Loudon County, Tennessee
On June 18, 2008, TVA issued a finding of no significant impact (FONSI) and adopted a United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) environmental assessment (EA) for the construction of water use facilities, dredging, and other developments at the Tennessee National Waterfront Golf Community. These activities require approval by TVA under Section 26a of the TVA Act and approval by the USACE under Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act and Section 404 of the Clean Water Act. TVA cooperated with USACE in the preparation of the EA.
In June 2010, Tennessee National submitted a Section 26a application to TVA requesting approval to reconfigure the previously approved harbor limits and dock design for its private marina. The proposed changes from the approved marina design are as follows:
- The maximum lakeward distance of the dock facilities would be extended from 171 feet from the normal summer pool shoreline at elevation 741 mean sea level to 252 feet.
- The total number of floating covered boat slips would be reduced from 277 to 268.
- The total linear frontage of the harbor limits would be reduced from 3,100 feet to 2,100 feet.
- The total volume of dredge material would be reduced from 70,900 cubic yards to 49,000 cubic yards.
- The square footage of harbor limits would be slightly increased from approximately 480,000 square feet to 500,000 square feet.
- The total length of shoreline stabilization would increase from 3,200 feet to approximately 4,000 feet.
The installation of the other facilities included in the original proposal would remain a part of this proposal. TVA has assessed the potential environmental impacts of the proposed changes and issued a revised FONSI for the project on August 19, 2011.
Finding of No Significant Impact (PDF, 119 kb)
Appendices (PDF, 8.5 mb)
To request further information or a printed copy of the documents, contact:
Richard L. Toennisson
Tennessee Valley Authority
400 West Summit Hill Drive
Knoxville, Tennessee 37902
Phone: 865-632-8517; Fax: 865-632-3451