We value your experience!
TVA understands that the diverse backgrounds and skills of our military veterans are a critical asset in our mission to deliver low-cost, cleaner energy.
For this reason, we actively recruit veterans for positions at TVA and also serve as a resource for those seeking employment across the energy sector.
Apply for a position in 2 easy steps:
Did you know?
In 2012, TVA received the annual Freedom Award—the highest recognition given by the U.S. Government to employers for their outstanding support of employees serving in the Guard and Reserve.
Military personnel are working in positions such as:
- Combined Cycle Tech Operator
- Financial Consultant
- Fossil and Hydro Technician
- Nuclear Mechanical Technician
- Nuclear Operations Specialist
- Nuclear Security Officer
- Nuclear Unit Operator
- Procurement Agent Program
- Manager, Quality Assurance
- Senior Instrument Mechanic
- Supervisor, Nuclear Unit Station
- Supervisor, Fossil Shift Operations
Wondering how your experience might translate into a career in the energy sector? Check out Troops to Energy Jobs.
- TVA and Helmets to Hardhats are partners dedicated to providing career opportunities for members of the military, reservists, and guardsmen.
- America’s Veterans to Tennessee Engineers.
This Scientific, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) program offers an opportunity for military service members to complete an engineering degree in Tennessee and have a job waiting for them at TVA. The program is designed to match the military service, discipline, and skills of noncommissioned officers to the region’s future technical needs.
- TVA supports Partnership for Youth Success
TVA is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunities. Any applicant or employee who believes s/he has a discrimination claim (including harassment or retaliation) must contact TVA’s Equal Opportunity Compliance office within 45 calendar days of the event or action s/he believes to constitute discrimination, harassment, or retaliation.
Non-U.S. residents should read TVA's Citizenship Policy.
Individuals interested in claiming veterans’ preference should read the Information for Claiming Veterans’ Preference.