Important Information Regarding the Use of This TVA Web Site
Security Notification and Acceptance of Terms
You have entered an official system of the Tennessee Valley Authority, an agency of the United States, which may be used only for the purposes described therein. Unauthorized attempts to upload information, change information, defeat or circumvent security features, or otherwise cause damage to the system are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under applicable Federal or local laws.
The following terms, conditions, and qualifications govern your use of this Web site. By using this Web site you acknowledge and accept these terms, conditions, and qualifications, which may be modified from time to time. The term "Information," as used herein, means all information, documents, and materials on this Web site.
- Forward-looking information. Certain Information on this Web site contains forward-looking statements relating to future events and future performance. Any statements regarding expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, estimates, objectives, intentions, assumptions, or otherwise relating to future events or performance may be forward-looking. In certain cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as "may," "will," "should," "expect," "anticipate," "believe," "intend," "project," "plan," "predict," "assume," "forecast," "estimate," "objective," "possible," "potential," or other similar expressions.
Some examples of forward-looking statements include statements regarding TVA’s projections of forecasts and future power and energy requirements; future costs related to environmental compliance; impacts of potential legislation on TVA and the likelihood of enactment of such legislation; strategic objectives; debt reduction targets; anticipated availability of nuclear waste storage facilities; projections of nuclear decommissioning costs; projections regarding the cost and timetable for restarting Browns Ferry Unit 1; planned construction expenditures for property, plant, and equipment additions; and impacts of pending litigation and various administrative orders which have been or may be issued.
Although TVA believes that the assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements are reasonable, TVA does not guarantee the accuracy of these statements. Numerous factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors include, among other things, new laws, regulations, and administrative orders, especially those related to the restructuring of the electric power industry and various environmental matters; increased competition among electric utilities; changes in the ability of the Board to set TVA’s rates as specified in the TVA Act; changes in the structure of the Board; legal, legislative, and administrative proceedings affecting TVA; the financial and economic environment, including changes in interest rates, foreign currency exchange rates, equity market prices, and commodity prices; changes in the rating of TVA’s rated securities; performance of TVA’s generation and transmission assets; fuel prices; demand for electricity; changes in technology; changes in the price of power; loss of any significant customers or suppliers; creditworthiness of counterparties; weather conditions and other natural phenomena; damage to power production or transmission facilities or systems due to accidental events or terrorist activity; changes in accounting standards; and unforeseeable events. New factors emerge from time to time, and it is not possible for management to predict all such factors or to assess the extent to which any factor or combination of factors may impact TVA’s business or cause results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement.
TVA undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect developments that occur after the statement is made.
- No warranties/limitation of liability. All Information, including references and links to third-party information, is provided "AS IS," and TVA does not guarantee the accuracy of any such Information. TVA makes no, and expressly disclaims all, express, implied, and statutory warranties, including, without limitation, all warranties of merchantability, suitability, noninfringement, or fitness for any particular purpose, relating to the use of this Web site and the accuracy, completeness, and legality of all Information (including, without limitation, references and links to third-party information). TVA expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability for any damages caused by computer viruses that may be contained on this Web site. TVA shall not be liable for any damages related to your access to or use of any Information, including any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, or other damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or lost profits), whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence), or otherwise. You agree to this limitation of liability as a condition of TVAs providing Information.
- Nonendorsement of third-party information. Regardless of the source, accuracy or completeness, TVA does not endorse or adopt any third-party information referenced or linked on this Web site. Information on linked third party sites may be subject to copyright or other restrictions on use.
- No duty to update. TVA assumes no duty to update or correct any Information for (1) new information or results; (2) events occurring or coming to TVAs attention after the date thereof; or (3) any other reason. Information that is not dated or Information that is dated but viewed subsequent to its date may not be current.
- No offer or solicitation regarding TVA securities. This Web site contains Information relating to certain TVA securities, including offering circulars and other materials. All such Information is provided for general public informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any TVA securities in the United States or in any foreign jurisdiction (including, for avoidance of doubt, the United Kingdom).
- Investment decisions. When reviewing any Information, you are advised to consult the further disclosure TVA makes in its most recent annual Information Statement (the "current Information Statement") and all subsequent quarterly reports (which may be accessed through this Web site or obtained from TVA). Information contained in the current Information Statement and such quarterly reports may be updated by information found in the most recent power bond offering circular, if any, dated subsequent to the date of the current Information Statement. However, TVA is not required to, and assumes no obligation to, update or correct the current Information Statement, such quarterly reports, such power bond offering circulars, or any other Information included on this Web site.
Because Information may be out of date, inaccurate or incomplete, investors must not rely on any Information in deciding whether to purchase or sell any TVA bond, note, or other security or in making any investment decisions, and the Information shall not be incorporated or deemed to be a part of any offering circular.
- Intellectual property. All trademarks, logos, service marks, and copyrighted material contained on this Web site ("marks") are the property of TVA. You are not permitted to use any marks without TVAs express written permission. The term TVA and the TVA logo are service marks of the Tennessee Valley Authority, registered USPTO.
- Applicable law and venue. TVA operates and controls this Web site from its offices in Knoxville and Chattanooga, Tennessee, in the United States of America. TVA makes no representation that access to this Web site and any Information is appropriate in your jurisdiction (including, for avoidance of doubt, the United Kingdom), and such access is prohibited in jurisdictions where illegal. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws relating to your use of this Web site. The terms, conditions, and qualifications contained herein will be governed and construed in accordance with U.S. federal law. Any lawsuit against TVA or its officers, employees, or agents arising out of or based upon any Information on this Web site or requiring or entailing the enforcement or interpretation of these terms, conditions, and qualifications may be brought only in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee.
- Enforceability. If any part of these terms, conditions, and qualifications is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by law, including, without limitation, the warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability, then the invalid or unenforceable part shall be deemed to be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision that most closely effectuates the intent of the invalid or unenforceable part, and the remainder of the terms, conditions, and qualifications shall continue in full force and effect.
- Federally assisted programs. Some of the programs described receive federal financial assistance. Recipients of this federal financial assistance must administer the funds to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.
- Virus protection. Each party that submits materials agrees that in uploading executable files to the system it will use only computer systems employing reasonable means to check and prevent the spread of malicious and/or damaging computer code.