Scavenger Hunt Official Rules
1. General Description:
TVA’s 80 Years of Progress Scavenger Hunt is being conducted by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Scavenger hunt questions, rules and Winner names will be posted at www.TVA.com/80th/. Answers to scavenger hunt questions may be found on any official Tennessee Valley Authority website (www.TVA.com, www.TVA.com/80th/).
Scavenger Hunt entries will be accepted beginning 8 a.m. EDT on May 17, 2013, and must be submitted using the electronic form at www.TVA.com/80th/. NO OTHER SUBMISSION METHOD WILL BE ACCEPTED. All entries must be received no later than 4:45 p.m. EDT on June 14, 2013 (“Entry Deadline”).
When submitting a Scavenger Hunt entry, participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to TVA’s 80 Years of Progress Scavenger Hunt Official Rules.
- The Scavenger Hunt is open to legal residents of the U.S. (“General Public” category), and to employees, retirees, contractors, directors and officers of TVA and their immediate family members (“TVA Employee” category).
- Winners 17 years of age and under must submit written permission of a legal guardian or parent before being awarded a prize package.
- Entrants with a TVA work relationship must identify themselves by selecting the “TVA employee” box on the electronic entry form.
- There will be two prize winners: one winner will be selected from the General Public category and one winner will be selected from the TVA Employee category.
- Participants who submit an entry in one category will be disqualified from consideration in the other category.
- All entries must be submitted using the online form at www.TVA.com/80th/ and received by the Entry Deadline date and time.
- By submitting an entry, Participant agrees to release, discharge, defend and hold harmless TVA and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives from any claim or liability arising from, or related to, submitting an entry.
4. Winner Selection:
- A separate random drawing will be conducted in each of the two entry categories from all correctly marked entries in each category that are received as of the Entry Deadline. A participant will not be declared a winner of any prize until participant’s eligibility is verified and participant agrees to abide by all contest rules.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Odds of winning are based on the number of received entries.
- TVA will contact each winner via email and/or phone on Monday, June 17, 2013. If Winner does not respond to TVA’s email or phone call within 48 hours, a new winning name will be selected at random and notified in the same fashion. This process will continue until TVA receives a response to its winning notification email and/or phone call. The selection of the final Winner by TVA will be final and binding.
The General Public Winner and TVA Employee Winner will each receive one of the following prize packages:
- Primary prize package ($150 estimated value). In-Home Energy Evaluation, and author-signed limited first-edition, hardback copies of the books TVA Photography: Thirty Years of Life in the Tennessee Valley and TVA Photography, 1963-2008: Changes and Challenges in the Tennessee Valley. To receive this prize package, the Winner must reside within the TVA service area and receive electric service through a TVA EnergyRight Solutions-participating local power company.
- Alternative prize package ($150 estimated value). If the Winner’s residence isn’t served by a TVA EnergyRight Solutions-participating local power company, he or she will receive the following prize package: Author-signed limited first-edition, hardback copies of the books TVA Photography: Thirty Years of Life in the Tennessee Valley and TVA Photography, 1963-2008: Changes and Challenges in the Tennessee Valley; a TVA rain gauge; and a framed historic photograph of Norris Dam, TVA’s first hydroelectric construction project.
Based on IRS rules and TVA accounting policies, the estimated value of the prize package for the TVA employee winner will be treated as imputed income and may be reported on the employee’s W-2. For prizes with a value of $100 or more, the value would automatically be imputed as income to the employee. If the value of the prize is less than $100, then it will not automatically be imputed as income UNLESS the employee during the year receives other tangible gifts or prizes that, when added to this particular prize, total $100 or more.
Prizes will be delivered to the address provided by each Winner. Each winner is responsible for any and all state and/or federal tax obligations associated with winning a prize package.
Prizes are non-transferable; no prize substitution or cash redemption will be permitted.
Names of each winner will be made available at the conclusion of the promotion. TVA reserves the right to use the name and/or image of each winner in advertising or similar uses in connection with the promotion.
Each winner must show a valid picture ID to claim prize (in the case of a winner who is 17 years of age and younger, the winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to show a valid picture ID to establish identity). Winners who have not achieved their 18th birthday by June 14, 2013, must also provide written permission of their parent or legal guardian to accept a prize package.
Prizes are non-refundable and cannot be combined with any other offer. Cash prizes and/or substitutions cannot be made by anyone other than an official TVA 80 Years of Progress Scavenger Hunt judge.
TVA reserves the right to substitute prizes of approximate equal value for any listed prize at its sole discretion.
By submitting an entry in TVA’s 80 Years of Progress Scavenger Hunt, each participant agrees to willingly participate in potential publicity engagements, media exposure, interviews, video and/or audio recordings, and all other events relevant to the promotion and publicity of TVA’s 80 Years of Progress anniversary.
7. General Terms and Conditions:
- TVA shall not be responsible for any failed entries for any reason, including without limitation those that are incorrect, lost, late, damaged, delayed, incomplete, illegible or misdirected. Further, TVA shall not be responsible for any electronic, network, and/or server failures or malfunctions or other technical errors of any kind.
- TVA reserves the right to cancel the 80 Years of Progress Scavenger Hunt for any reason, including, without limitation, a computer virus, bug or other technical problem or problems that corrupt the administration or security or proper functioning of the Scavenger Hunt. Should the Scavenger Hunt be cancelled prior to the Entry Deadline, notice will be posted on www.TVA.com/80th/.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL UNITED STATES FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS APPLY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- TVA reserves the right to amend these rules and policies at any time and without notice. Any changes will be posted online at www.TVA.com/80th/.
- All participants agree that TVA and its employees, officers, management, agents or other representatives of any kind shall not be responsible or liable for damages or losses arising out of or resulting from entry in TVA’s 80 Years of Progress Scavenger Hunt, acceptance or use of a prize or any other matter related to TVA’s 80 Years of Progress Scavenger Hunt, including, without limitation, claims based on property damage, personal injury and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- By registering for TVA’s 80 Years of Progress Scavenger Hunt, participants agree and acknowledge that TVA may use their respective names, images, and/or likenesses for advertising purposes, on its website, or in future campaigns or promotions.
- By entering TVA’s 80 Years of Progress Scavenger Hunt, each participant agrees to abide by and be bound by all decisions of TVA, which shall be final and binding in all respects, including but not limited to the determination of Winners.